Welcome to The Vestibule! A curated retail gallery of sorts with carefully chosen items from local and international artisans.
Embracing the 'Slow Goods Movement' each item in store is lovingly brought to you by a collection of artists and businesses that believe in conscious consumerism. By buying an item from our store, you are directly buying from the artists themselves, therefore supporting the movement and promoting quality over mass production.
The first of its kind to hit Elsternwick, The Vestibule offers a range of handmade products for you or for that gift that's proving hard to find. There's a goldmine of artists south of the river and we're merely showcasing a handful. We can tell you about the artists and even put you in contact with them directly - or come at us with a price range and we'll find something magically unique to suit your taste.
Want to know more about a specific product? Just ask!
Previous and Current Artists in store
- Eski Melbourne - Quality handmade Turkish items including towels, upcycled kilim cushion covers, and leather wallets.
- Hilary Ash - Social worker by day, Hilary Ash crafts beautiful ceramics.
- FLUX Creations - Our favourite hippy and downright gorgeous person, FLUX brings us crystal catchers made with love and a selection of fine handcrafted kaleidoscopes from Israel.
- Laurie Miller - Stunning silver and semi precious gemstone jewellery, and unique jade sculptures.
- Jesse Gerner - Wordsmith and general handyman who weaves cute and functional potholders.
- VIKA - A mixture of fun and classic silver and beaded jewellery.
- gl - All sorts, from sweet paintings to handworked silver earrings, Gabby makes stuff!
- Millie Woods - Cute and adorable greeting cards and prints for every occasion.
- Chocolate Dreams - Written for his daughter, Luis's story is that of dreams... in chocolate!
- Sammy Nuttell - A colouring book designed and illustrated with your happiness in mind.
- Juliette Williams - Bright and colourful prints and homewares.
- Annette Wilson - Cute and quirky local Elsternwick resident Annie hand-stitches gorgeous pictures for you!
- Inside Out Hub - Let your creative inside, out! Learn how to express yourself creatively through this practical workbook.
- Kids Magic Life - Mindfulness and meditation, for kids!
- Ann Spitzer - Beautiful giclee prints, art cards, and contemporary jewellery.
- Indrani Parker - Yoga teacher and doula by day, jeweller by night.
- Divine Intervention - Soy-wax candles and essential oil rollettes.
Are you a Maker?
Wanna sell your stuff in our shop? Send us a message! Write us a note and slip it under the door! Whatever you like - listen to that voice of hope rather than the voice of fear. We can easily rationalise the decision with you - for around two lattes a week, you can display and sell your goods in our shop.
We do the selling, we do the advertising and we do the promoting. Voila!
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or pop into The Vestibule during opening hours.